CQEL Coaching Companion Online Privacy Statement
1. Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to the Coaching Companion website ("website") which is published by the Childcare Quality and Early Learning Center for Research and Professional Development ("CQEL") at the University of Washington. Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information ("PII") and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
2. Non-Personal Information Automatically Collected and Stored. When you use this website or follow any links embedded in emails, CQEL may automatically collect information about your visit, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol ("IP") address and name of the Internet domain you use to access the Internet;
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to this website;
- The web browser, operating system, and type of device you use to access this website;
- Pages you view on this website, and the dates and times that you visit;
- Web pages that you visit just before or just after this website; and
- Search queries you use to find this website.
This information does not identify you personally. CQEL uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to the website.
3. Personally Identifiable Information CQEL Might Collect From You. You do not have to provide personal information ("PII") to visit this website. If you request a website account, we ask for information such as your name, email address, and organization name. If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an email message, form, survey, etc., we will only maintain the information as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication. We will not collect any PII about you when you visit this website unless you give us that information.
University of Washington is a state agency, and as such, subject to the laws governing the Preservation and Destruction of Public Records (RCW 40.14). As University of Washington determines is appropriate, University of Washington will maintain or destroy PII voluntarily provide.
4. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. CQEL may use your personally identifiable information to:
- Administer your participation in this website, including sending you messages when you receive communications from another user;
- Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
- Communicate information we think may be of interest to you;
- Conduct voluntary surveys about the operation and features of this website;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
- Establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, including violations of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use (https://cqelcoach.org/terms); or
- Contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, or to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues.
You have the ability to opt-out of receiving email from CQEL, either through links provided in the messages or by contacting CQEL at email@example.com.
5. Sharing Your Information. CQEL does not disclose, give, sell or transfer your personally identifiable information, except under the following circumstances:
- This website enables users to communicate in a variety of ways and to share video, files, comments, and other data. You can specify whether or not you want your video, files, comments, and other data to be accessible to selected users, or private so only you can access them.
- University of Washington is a state agency, and as such, University of Washington is subject to the Washington Public Records Act, RCW 42.56. As University of Washington determines it is appropriate to do so, University of Washington will disclose personally identifiable information requested pursuant to this law.
The help portion of the toolbar on most web browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. If you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from this website, you will not be able to use many features of the website.
7. Linked Sites. This website may contain links to other websites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
8. Security Measures. CQEL uses certain technical safeguards to increase the integrity and security of personally identifiable information stored on our systems. While CQEL strives to protect your information, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, CQEL does not insure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, nor can we guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach, circumvention, failure, or interruption of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CQEL may post a notice on this website if a security breach occurs.
9. Data Retention. If you create a website account, CQEL will retain your PII indefinitely. If you wish to deactivate your account, contact CQEL at firstname.lastname@example.org. CQEL and the University of Washington will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations and resolve disputes.
10. Changes. CQEL may change this Online Privacy Statement at any time. If so, CQEL will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. CQEL encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Questions or comments about this Online Privacy Statement should be submitted to CQEL via the methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use (https://cqelcoach.org/terms).
May 1, 2014