CQEL Coaching Companion Website Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to the Coaching Companion website ("website"), published by the Childcare Quality and Early Learning Center for Research and Professional Development ("CQEL") at the University of Washington. You should carefully read these Website Terms and Conditions of Use identified below before using the Website. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time at https://cqelcoach.org/terms.
This is a legally binding agreement. If you do not agree with these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, you are not authorized to use this website. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms, you should immediately terminate your use of this website.
2. Online Privacy Statement. The use of your personally identifying and non-personal information will be governed by the Privacy Statement found at https://cqelcoach.org/privacy. Your use of this website indicates that you have read and agree to the Privacy Statement.
3. Access to this Website. Access to certain portions of this website ("Password-Protected Areas") may require login and password information. You must have this information in order to access these areas. If you establish an account and receive a password from CQEL, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and for restricting access to your computer. You accept full responsibility and liability for all activities that occur under your account and for safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
4. User Content. The Password-Protected Areas of this website provide certain features that enable you to generate and post content, including needs assessment data, action plans, text, images, video, and other types of works ("User Content"). The Website also provides for the hosting, reproduction, distribution, transmission, performance, and display of such User Content. You understand that all User Content is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such User Content originated. This means that you, and not CQEL or the University of Washington, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you make available through the website.
a. License Grant by You to CQEL and University of Washington. By submitting User Content, you grant CQEL and University of Washington a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right to post such materials for your access, your use, and the use by others to whom you provide access while your website account is active. You retain all rights to your User Content.
b. User Content Representations and Warranties. You affirm, represent, and warrant the following: You own, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize CQEL and University of Washington to use your User Content in the manner contemplated by these Terms, and to grant the rights and license set forth above.
CQEL and University of Washington's use of your User Content and exercise of the license rights set forth above, do not and will not: (a) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (b) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (c) violate any applicable law or regulation.
c. No Obligation to Publish. CQEL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to allow any User Content on the website, or to remove any User Content at any time with or without notice. CQEL and University of Washington comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and will remove User Content upon receipt of a compliant takedown notice (see the "Reporting Copyright Violations" section below).
d. Feedback or Idea Submissions. You may provide CQEL and University of Washington with comments, bug reports, feedback or proposals for modifications related to this website, or the goods and/or services provided through the website (collectively, "Feedback"). CQEL and University of Washington will have the right at its sole discretion to incorporate Feedback or not. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Feedback.
5. Intellectual Property. This website and its contents are owned by University of Washington or third parties and are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. Certain content, such as copyrighted materials and trademarks, are used by permission of third parties. Except as allowed by law (such as fair use) or as expressly permitted in connection with specific content, this website and its contents may not be reproduced, modified, distributed, displayed, performed, or used in any way without the prior written permission of University of Washington or the third-party owner.
6. Prohibited Use of this Website. You are responsible for your behavior in your use of this website and for respecting University of Washington and third parties' (person or entity) rights in connection with the website and its content. This website and its content are only for your personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not upload or otherwise transmit any information or content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, including by incorporating any such material in your User Content.
- You may not use this website to post or send any infringing, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise inappropriate material.
- You may not use or exploit any portion of this website to distribute commercial messages, "spam," or other unsolicited communications.
- You may not remove, bypass, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of this website, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any part of this website or its content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the website or any content therein.
- You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble this website or any website content.
- You may not take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on University of Washington's network infrastructure, as determined by University of Washington in its sole discretion.
- You may not directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with this website in any manner that may materially adversely affect University of Washington or any third party.
- You may not use this website for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state, or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government.
- You may not use this website if you are under the age of 13. If you are 13 years of age or older but under the age of 18, be sure to ask your parents for permission before sending any information about yourself over the Internet to CQEL.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. The use of this website is solely at your own risk. This website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. CQEL and University of Washington expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind with respect to this website whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. CQEL and University of Washington expressly disclaim any responsibility for the actions of any other user of this website. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. CQEL and University of Washington make no warranty that this website will meet your requirements, or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, current, accurate, complete or error-free or that the results that may be obtained by use of the website will be accurate or reliable. You understand and acknowledge that your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any defect in or dissatisfaction with the site is to cease to use this website. You may have other rights which may vary from state to state.
8. Exclusions and Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and Agree that CQEL and University of Washington shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data loss, or other losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from any matter related to your use of this website.
9. Reporting Copyright Violations. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") of 1998, 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(2), University of Washington has a DMCA Registered Agent for notice of alleged DMCA copyright infringement. You may contact University of Washington DMCA Registered Agent at email address firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit the University of Washington DMCA website (UW DMCA digital millennium copyright act information). To file a notice of infringement with University, the requirements specified in Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 must be fulfilled. The text of this statute can be found at the United States Copyright Office website, located at http://www.copyright.gov.
10. Links. This website may include links to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by CQEL or University of Washington with respect to the linked site or its provider. CQEL and University of Washington make no representations or warranties with respect to any linked website: Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement and the relationship between you and University of Washington will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that venue with respect to any dispute between you and University of Washington will rest exclusively in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
12. Changes. From time to time, CQEL and University of Washington may change this website and/or the Website Terms and Conditions of Use. If a change to these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is made, CQEL and University of Washington will post the revised Website Terms and Conditions of Use on this website. CQEL and University of Washington reserve the right to add to or change this website or cease offering this website at any time and without liability. CQEL and University of Washington reserves the right to refuse to offer access to this website and/or its content to anyone at any time without notice.
13. Miscellaneous. These Website Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between you, CQEL, and University of Washington relating to this website. There is no agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between any user, CQEL, and University of Washington arising solely through the use of this website. These Website Terms and Conditions of Use are binding upon your successors, assigns, heirs and executors. If any provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of CQEL and University of Washington to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or condition. Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the website or these Website Terms and Conditions of Use must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section titles of this Website Terms and Conditions of Use are merely for convenience and will not have any effect on the substantive meaning of this agreement.
14. Termination. CQEL may block, suspend, or terminate your use of this website at any time for any reason. Reasons CQEL might do so include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) your breach of this agreement; (b) CQEL is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) CQEL believes that your actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to University of Washington or other users of this website; (d) routine network maintenance affecting all users; or (e) your use of this website or service in a manner that violates the law or University of Washington policies.
15. Contact Information. If you have questions about these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact:
Childcare Quality and Early Learning Center for Research and Professional Development
5001 25th Ave NE, Suite 201E
Seattle, WA 98105
May 1, 2014